Welcome to Frank's Games

This blog is where I talk about games, write gaming session reports, review my favorite Euro Games, and occasionally provide news on upcoming releases. 
I hope you enjoy it. If you're new to this kind of gaming, and are interested in learning more, I would be glad to hear from you. I encourage you to subscribe and get email notification of any additions I make to my blog.

Friday, September 17, 2010

I Own. I Haven't Yet Played

I now have a collection of some 350+ games, but a number of them have yet to be played! In recent times I have added four new games and numerous expansions to older games that have yet to hit the table.

The new unplayed games...
* After the Flood - a 3-player only now approaching two years without playing
* Chainmail - a 2 player that I've now owned for nearly a year without playing.
* Pocket Battles: Celts vs. Romans - a quick, simple little game - but not one play in 5 months of ownership!
* Imperial 2030 - had for several months. Highly rated, but no chance to play.
* Washington's War - received this one complimentary from the designer himself (who is a good friend). A Two player, but so far, haven't played after owning for several months. This is a great one. I'm ashamed.

Expansions to older games, I still haven't used...

* Race for the Galaxy - The Brink of War
* Small World - Tales and Legends
* BattleLore - numerous add-ons and expansions - but none get played
* New Power Grid boards - Brazil, China.

Meanwhile - on pre-order: 7 Wonders.

What am I playing lately?
* Through the Ages
* Egizia
* Settlers of America: Trails to Rails
* Cyclades

It's my goal to get the "unplayed" to the table over the next two months. We'll see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Frank,
What's your take on Egizia and If you've played it yet, Washington's War? Both are on my buy list. I'm playing Egizia on Yucata.de but I'm sure something is lost in the computer version.
Thanks,
tomg